Recuva 1.44.778 Final is the new stable version of this free software developed by Piriform (also creators of CCleaner, Defraggler and Speccy) designed to recover deleted files. With it, you can recover data deleted accidentally in an easy and intuitive way, even from damaged or formatted devices. Recuva also allows you to recover Word files that you have not saved. The program, which is very simple and intuitive, has a portable version and is available for Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8 operating systems, for both 32-bit and 64-bit architecture.
Recuva (pronounced as “recover”)is even able to recover deleted emails from Outlook Express, Windows Live Mail and Mozilla Thunderbird.
The program, which has a default scan will find most files with possibility to recover. Fortunately, it also offers in-depth scanning to look in more detail, but take longer to show results.
Recuva 1.44.778 included the following new features and improvements over previous versions, as we can see in its official list of changes:
– It improves the recovery of files larger than 1 GB
– is improved scroll the window to display more than one million files in the list
– Improves recovery Outlook Express files
– Added a menu option “Recover” in the recycle bin
– Added support for mini-SD cards
– You can create VHD device images (Pro version only)
– now properly detected labels exFAT devices
– Improved support for files with alternative flows data (Alternate Data Streams)
– Added support for USB devices mounted in drive A:
– add Indonesian languages and Latin Serbian
– Small improvements in GUI
You can download Recuva either in installer version or portable version from the following official download links of the program.