Surely you have spent some time when someone else uses your computer, in it you have information or files that you want to keep private, to prevent others from having access to that information, it is best to protect it with a password.
In this note we will show you how you can put a password to a folder to protect your files .
Protect your folders with password
There are several tools that can be used to put passwords to our folders, here we are going to show you some.
Folder Password Lock Pro
It is a computer program that allows you to block all types of files, folders or partitions on your hard drive with secure passwords.
If you try to uninstall the program, it will be protected by your own password . You also have the option to recover the password with your personal email .
- It not only protects the information in hard disks , but also in external memories and allows to hide files with a few simple steps.
- The interface is very easy to manage and in a few steps you will have your files protected.
- This tool is paid, but you can download a trial version for free to use for a few days.
- Protect folder not only blocks files and folders from being inaccessible to other users , but also remains invisible to other Windows applications .
- The program is very easy to use: simply drag and drop the folders and files you want to protect in the interface, or choose the appropriate option in the menu.
It is a very simple tool to use, it blocks your folders and files using a single password for all. Create encrypted files through the use of a master password. The process is very simple:
- Choose the folder to be blocked
- Click on the icon and create a dedicated password
- Enter and confirm the password
- The folder is blocked
The folders will also disappear from the desktop, recovering this hidden folder will require accessing the main program and entering the same password.
This tool is very easy to use, you just have to select the folders you want to protect and then enter the general password, the folders will be invisible.
Something to emphasize in this application, is that besides protecting the folders and files of your hard disk, it also protects the data stored in removable drives such as a USB memory or a CD .
How to place password in a Mac folder
We have already seen several alternatives to use with Windows, but Mac users also need to protect their files and folders, so here we show them how they can do it.
- Access ” Applications> Utilities” and then click on “Disk Utilities”.
- Select “New Image”, select the folder to protect and click on ” Image “.
- In the pop-up box select the following 128-bit AES Read / Write-Encryption.
- Choose a password, make sure that the option “Save password on the keychain” is not selected and you give “Accept” .
A protected duplicate of the folder will automatically be created. You can now delete the original and keep the protected one. Now you know how to protect your files from the curious who may use your computer.